- Recovers deleted emails, tasks, attachments, notes during the repair process itself from corrupted PST file
- Powerful repair engine helps to fix those PST file which cannot be repaired using in-built scanpst repair tool
- Repair Outlook after Inbox Repair Tool fails to recognise PST file
- Highly compatible in repairing both PST and OST file created on Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Fix Outlook PST file which gets corrupted when it reaches to 2GB or more in size
Is your Outlook not responding? Are you unable to access your PST file?
If you are facing the above mentioned problem and want to regain the accessibility of the PST file then you must use ScanPST Fix software. This software has both fixing and recovering functionality therefore; besides repairing a corrupt PST file it also recovers all your deleted emails including other attributes from the corrupted PST file. PST stands for Personal Storage Device. It is a personal storage file in Microsoft Outlook which uses .pst file format in order to store local copies of messages, attachments, calendar events, and other items.
The most astonishing aspect of this ScanPST Fix software is, it has been recognized and awarded by most of the experts of the industry. In addition to this, the credibility of the software has been clearly stated by our satisfied users by mean of reviews and testimonials.
Besides this, our software is more powerful and efficient compared to in-built scanpst repair tool of Microsoft Outlook application. Our ScanPST Fix software has strong repair engine along with special algorithms which helps in fixing severely damaged PST file with utmost ease. It can also repair Outlook 2010 PST file after Scanpst.exe internal error
What makes our software better than in-built scanpst reapir tool?
|Our PST File Repair Software||Scanpst Repair Tool|
|It repairs severely damaged PST file under any condition.||It repairs only those PST file which are not severely corrupted.|
|It recovers and restores those files and folders which are not linking to the index in order to retain the accessibility of the file.||It deletes those files and folders which are not pointing to the index in order to make the file healthy.|
|It can efficiently repair oversized corrupted PST file without damaging the file structure of the source file.||Whereas, scanpst fails to repair oversized corrupted PST file.|
|Our PST file repair software can easily recover attachments from corrupted mailboxes within short span of time.||Scanpst doesn’t have the capability to recover attachments from mailboxes|
|During repair process, our ScanPST Fix tool can also restore deleted / lost emails, notes, meeting requests, contacts, calendar, tasks, journals, appointments etc||Whereas, scanpst fails to restore any kind of Outlook attributes during the repair process.|
General PST file corruption scenarios
- Corruption of PST file due to size limitation: Microsoft Outlook 2000 and earlier versions have size limitation of 2GB for PST file. Therefore, if the PST file exceeds 2GB size limitation then there are more chances that your file may get corrupted. You may receive one of the following error messages, when you try to load or access an oversized Outlook PST file - “xxxx.pst cannot be accessed - 0x80040116.” Or “Errors have been detected in the file xxxx.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool.”
- Damaged networking device: If your networking device has some fault then there are chances that your PST file may get corrupted. This happens only when your network interface cards, routers, hubs, cables and any other devices constituting the network links have some problem. Due to this reason, your remotely accessing process of PST file gets stuck in between resulting in corruption of PST file.
- Abnormal termination of Microsoft Outlook application: Generally, you quit Outlook application by saving all your changes and modifications to the PST file by clicking "Exit" or "Close" option from menu item. However, if Outlook gets shut down abnormally when you are opening and accessing the PST file, then the PST file is prone to get corrupted or damaged. This happen usually due to power failure, or when you terminate certain processing of Outlook in between by clicking "End Task" in Windows Task Manager, or if you turn off the system without quitting Outlook application and Windows normally.
Other common reasons for corruption of PST file are:
- Occurrence of error while importing the PST file after Outlook upgradation
- Interference of the Antivirus program during sending and receiving of mails
- Corruption of Microsoft Outlook PST files due to Data storage device failure
- Sudden power surge at the time when the Outlook application is in active mode
- PST file header corruption due to improper system shut down, virus attack, system error, etc.
Some Error Messages that might be displayed after PST Corruption
- The file xxxx.pst is not a personal folders file.
- Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- File xxxx.pst could not be accessed. Data error. Cyclic redundancy check.
- The file xxxx.pst could not be found.
- Unable to display the folder. The file xxxx.pst could not be accessed.
Steps to be followed after PST File gets corrupted
- Do not try to access the Outlook data repeatedly once the PST file gts corrupted because; it may alter the file structure of the PST file resulting in permanent loss.
- The default location of the PST file is C:\Documents and Settings\Len\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst. Therefore, do not write any new data into this location as it may get overwrites in order to prevent permanent loss of Outlook data.
- In the above context, never install the PST repair software on the affected drive / partition which contains the corrupted PST file in order to avoid permanent loss of PST file. Therefore, install the software to the other partition / drive which doesn’t contain any corrupted file.
What efficient features of ScanPST Fix can be compared to other tools?
- Fix PST file after Scanpst.exe hangs during repair process on Outlook 2007, 2003, 2010, 2000 etc.
- Easily repair password protected and highly encrypted PST file without damaging the password
- Recover Outlook attributes such as deleted / lost emails, journals, meeting requests, notes, attachments, contacts, tasks, calendar, appointments etc. during repair process
- Repair PST file after Scanpst dll error on Microsoft Outlook 2000,2003, 2007, 2010
- ScanPST Fix read-only software which reads the source file while scanning and creates a new PST file in order to ensure healthy repairing of PST file.
- It has ability to fix severely corrupted Outlook PST file when ScanPST does not recognize PST file on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 operating systems.
- ScanPST Fix Competently fix PST file corrupted during up-gradation of Microsoft Outlook application
- Fixing PST after Fatal error:80040900 on MS Outlook 2003 is also an easy task that can be performed by this software
This ScanPST tool is featured with some new characteristics to make it more effective in PST as well as OST file repair. If your Outlook OST file is is corrupted due to any reason, you can employ this application to repair it. It will be applicable in all versions of Microsoft Outlook to repair corrupted OST file in some easy steps.
Fix corrupted PST file in just three simple steps
- Download and Install the demo version of ScanPST Fix and launch it by clicking on the desktop icon. After launching, you need to select any one option among these three options as per your requirement “Open PST File”, “Find PST File” and “Select Outlook Profile”.
- You need to click on Browse button if you clicked on Open PST File option or you have to click on Find button if you have selected Find PST File option or you have to select an Outlook profile if you have clicked on Select Outlook Profile option in order to upload your corrupted PST file that need to be repaired. After selecting the appropriate option, click on “Next” button
- Once you are done with it, then you need to choose the scanning procedure between “Normal Scan” and “Smart Scan” according to the severity of the damage and then click on “Repair” button to start the repair process
- You can view all the recovered Outlook data with their respective attributes after the repairing process is completed.
Future precautionary measures in order to avoid PST file corruption
- Always keep a backup copy of your PST file so that you can restore it from the backup file, if the original file gets corrupted
- Compact the large PST file in order to avoid PST file corruption due to size limitation
- Never terminate the Outlook application in between by clicking "End Task" in Windows Task Manager
- Use updated anti-virus program in order to keep your system virus free
- Fix the problems related to network links in order to avoid corruption of PST file while accessing it remotely